On October 29, 2013, WordPress 3.7.1 was released to the public. This is a maintenance update for WordPress 3.7.
To download WordPress 3.7.1, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site's admin area or visit http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
For step-by-step instructions on installing and updating WordPress:
If you are new to WordPress, we recommend that you begin with the following:
- New To WordPress - Where to Start
- First Steps With WordPress or Upgrading WordPress Extended
- WordPress Lessons
From the announcement post, this maintenance release addresses 11 bugs with version 3.7, including:
- Images with captions no longer appear broken in the visual editor.
- Allow some sites running on old or poorly configured servers to continue to check for updates from WordPress.org.
- Avoid fatal errors with certain plugins that were incorrectly calling some WordPress functions too early.
- Fix hierarchical sorting in get_pages(), exclusions in wp_list_categories(), and in_category() when called with empty values.
- Fix a warning that may occur in certain setups while performing a search, and a few other notices.
List of Files Revised
wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php wp-admin/includes/theme.php wp-admin/includes/update-core.php wp-admin/includes/update.php wp-admin/includes/class-wp-upgrader.php wp-admin/credits.php wp-admin/update-core.php wp-admin/about.php wp-admin/freedoms.php wp-includes/default-constants.php wp-includes/option.php wp-includes/taxonomy.php wp-includes/post.php wp-includes/query.php wp-includes/l10n.php wp-includes/user.php wp-includes/version.php wp-includes/update.php wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wpeditimage/editor_plugin_src.js wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wpeditimage/editor_plugin.js wp-includes/js/tinymce/wp-tinymce.js.gz wp-includes/category-template.php