WordPress Theme Frameworks
A Theme framework is a Theme designed to be a flexible foundation for quicker WordPress development, usually serving as a robust Parent Theme for Child Themes. Some Theme frameworks can also make theme development more accessible, removing the need for programming or design knowledge with options pages.
- Ticket #7086: Look for Template Files in Stylesheet Directory First
- How I used a WordPress Child Theme To Redesign My Blog The Smart Way
- Why I created a WordPress theme framework
- Frameworks, Child Themes, Filters, and Hooks?
- Parent/Child Themes in WordPress: The Future of WordPress Themes
- Theme Inheritance
- How to make a “child theme” for WordPress. A pictorial introduction for beginners